Apache Virtual Directories

Struggling for days to try to setup virtual directories.. And no clue what Im doing.. Like playing in the muck..
Finally, I beleive what I was doing wrong was that after making changes to httpd.conf (/etc/apache2) & other config files, i didnt restart Apache.. I was under the impression that apache re-reads it's config files every so often.. I just realised that Samba does that.. Finally ive got my website up and I can access my windows mounts.. all is good...

To Restart Apache: apache2ctl restart (note: as root)

Changes made to make /windows/ a virtual directory...
... added to /etc/apache2/default-server.conf

# Aliases: aliases can be added as needed (with no limit). The format is
# Alias fakename realname
#
# This is an Alias for my /windows dir that has my
# windows drives that i want to be exposed on my site

Alias /windows/ "/windows/"

Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all


Moral of the story: Restart Service after changes..

0 comments: