I followed some simple steps.
Installing Wine and WoW:
- Ensure that direct rendering: Yes
glxinfo | grep rendering- Add the WINE Repository (Gutsy Gibbon)
sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/gutsy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list- Install WINE from Synaptic: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft
wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine
- Run winecfg
- Choose ALSA Audio
- Choose Emulate Virtual Desktop and specify a size
- Download the WoW Installer and run it
- wine path/to/warcraft/installation/Install.exe
- Add these lines to the WoW config.WTF
- sudo gedit path/to/warcraft/installation/WTF/config.WTF
- Add these lines:
SET SoundOutputSystem “1″
SET SoundBufferSize “100″
SET gxApi “OpenGL”
- cd path/to/warcraft/installation
- wine WoW.exe
Sound Not Working?
I ran around in circles before i figured out the SIMPLE fix. I tried changing audio to OSS. Tried installing the alsa-oss wrapper. But all is was is 'Change Directories to where the executable is located and THEN run the exe'
Some Resources Used: